- This event has passed.
Light Up the North Mini Circus Day Camp 2016
July 11, 2016 @ 9:00 am - July 16, 2016 @ 4:00 pm$180
We are excited to host Peace River’s second circus and movement arts themed day camp at the Al Adair Rec Centre in Peace River, Alberta. Taught by professional educators and performers from Light of the North Entertainment, with assistance from Peace River’s own circus family Circus of Hell.
Circus builds confidence, teaches respect, and provides a sense of belonging. It also encourages creative play while teaching that even the impossible can become possible with practice!
All camps run from Monday, July 11 to Saturday, July 16. Participants will have the opportunity to learn circus skills such as hula hooping, staff spinning, beginner juggling, and clowning. Participants will also have the opportunity to make their own props and perform for friends and family.
- Kid’s Camp (ages 5 – 9): From 9 am to noon. (Give us a call if you have a younger child that attended last year’s camp).
- Youth Camp (ages 10 – 13): From 1 pm – 4 pm.
- Young Adult Camp (ages 14 – 17): please send us a message if you are interested.For more info or to register:
- Download the form: 2016 Camp Registration Form
- Mail in the form (address on the registration form) or drop off at Good Shepherd School for Natalie Wild.
For more information:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Ryan Stinn: 403-393-7939
RYAN STINN (Rumplestiltspin):
Staff expert, former president of the University of Lethbridge Object Manipulation Club, professional educator currently teaching math at Clarence Jaycox School, and professional fire performer.
NATALIE WILD (RoseFire):
Hooper, hoop and circus arts instructor, former president of the University of Lethbridge Object Manipulation Club, professional educator currently teaching at Good Shepherd School, and professional performer.
*We will NOT be teaching the kids any fire performing.
*This camp will NOT involve any animals.
*Due to liability issues we are NOT offering aerial or trapeze instruction at this camp.
*We reserve the right to remove any child whose behaviour threatens the safety of themselves or others, but in such an extreme case the parent/guardian/caregiver will be contacted immediately.